Pilates for Sport
Pilates aims to could a strong inner core as well as improve the strength of global muscles throughout the body. Whatever your sport, Pilates could give you the edge you need to excel and improve your performance!
Physiolates is designed to appeal to sports people who want to maximise their performance, whatever their sport. All of our Physiolates classes are led by our Pilates trained physiotherapists and sports therapists who have vast experience in treating sports injuries and exercise rehabilitation, to ensure you receive professional, high quality teaching.
Sports people who would benefit from our classes include:
Pilates for Sport works by combining general Pilates exercises with sports specific movement. For example, if you’re a runner, our Physiolates instructors would incorporate postural control and deep core muscle activation with reciprocal leg movements and arm swings. The exercises are all matwork based, focusing on combining deep stability muscle training with larger mobility muscle training.
Benefits of our Sportslates classes include:
- Inner and outer core muscle strengthening - for example of the transversus abdominis in addition to the abdominal and oblique muscles for a powerful central base
- Neck, arms and shoulder strengthening for a strong upper body region
- Hip and leg muscle strengthening for greater power of movement
- Global muscle flexibility work to reduce muscle tension and/or increase range of movement
- Improved postural alignment
- Balance and coordination exercises to improve accuracy and proprioception
- Focus on technique to put your opponents to shame
- Increased mental focus and body awareness in your sport
- Reduced risk of injury to continue performing at your best
- Meet other like-minded sports people in your class!
See what services we offer for Sport Pilates.
See how Physiolates could be of benefit to you and your Sports Club
For more information regarding Pilates and specific sports please see the following pages:
Related Pages - Types of Pilates
If you liked this page, you can view others like it by following the links below.
Back To Top