Bumplates is a Pilates workout developed specifically for mums and mums-to-be. Pre and post-natal Pilates classes are perfect for preparing your body for giving birth as well as ensuring you recover from giving birth as quickly as possible.
Bumplates is taught by our specialist and highly experienced Pilates instructors. It is designed for those women who want to keep fit during their pregnancy and prevent those unwanted aches and pains that may come along with it. Bumplates can also aid women who have given birth and are looking to get back into an exercise regime in a safe and effective manner.
Bumplates was developed by modifying general Pilates exercises to suit those who are pregnant or have recently given birth. Experiencing weakness and muscle tension around the spine and pelvis is common both during pregnancy as well as after giving birth. In Bumplates, we incorporate exercises specific to these problem areas, increasing tone and control in your core muscles. The exercises are all low impact and matwork based, focusing on combining flexibility work with deep stability muscle training and larger mobility muscle training.
The benefits of our Bumplates classes include:
- Safe environment to discuss issues that may have arisen during/following pregnancy
- Expert teaching of pelvic floor and inner core strengthening
- Increased pelvic floor control and strength
- Potential to eliminate pre/post-natal low back pain
- Improved postural control and balance
- Overall increased pelvic stability to aid with sacroiliac dysfunction
- Aids relaxation
- Reduced incontinence
- Advice regarding other forms of general exercise pre and post pregnancy
- 1:1 personalised assessment with our physiotherapists
- Private sessions available for small groups of friends
- An Individual exercise programme is provided for you to take home
We currently do not hold any Bumplates classes but please contact us if you are interested and we will update you when we open a class. Alternatively, we offer Manchester based pregnancy Pilates private sessions.
To book onto a 1:1Private Bumplates session call us today on 0330 088 5778 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information